Linear Silicon PTC Thermistors Temperature Sensors
Linear Silicon PTC Thermistors Temperature Sensors Description
Linear PTC Thermistor resistance increases with the temperature rises in linearity, displays a virtually linear positive temperature coefficient over their entire temperature range, suitable in measurement and control system, temperature compensation. As the construction material is mainly semiconductor monocrystalline silicon, also called silicon
temperature sensor, silicon thermistor, sometimes referred to as silistors. As the temperature coefficient is positive, the silicon temperature sensors exhibit fail-safe operation when a system overheats. Furthermore silicon is inherently stable, so silicon temperature sensor is extremely reliable, has very long operational lifetimes. Hermetically sealed glass package, axial leaded, Dumet wire, 2 leads. Silicon PTC thermistor temperature sensor in small dimension, tightness, available for tape package, convenient for automatic installation. Widely applied in temperature sensing and control in drives and motors, equipment, industrial automation control, etc.
Linear Silicon PTC Thermistors Temperature Sensor Dimension (Unit: mm)
AMWEI Linear Silicon PTC Thermistors Temperature Sensors (LPTC) Features:
1. Silicon temperature sensors have a TK (temperature coefficient) which is nearly constant over the complete temperature range. Temperature coefficient£º¦Á25/50¡Ý0.7%/C.
2. Excellent long term stability, annual diversification rate¡Ü0.01C/per year, temperature drifts during the lifetime of silicon temperature sensor are negligible.
3. Temperature measurement range: -55C to +150C. AM-LPTC600 can upto +180C.
AMWEI silicon PTC Thermistor temperature sensors can withstand more than +200C without damage.
4. Thermal Time Constant: 21 seconds max in still air.
5. Dissipation factor£º1.5mW/C.min.
6. Insulation resistance: 100 Million ohm min. (DC=100V)
7. Maximum operating current£º8mA.
8. Rated operating current: 2mA.
9. Rated power£º50mW max.
10. Typical resistance @25C 600 ohm, 1000 ohm, 1600 ohm, 2000 ohm. Other R25 resistance, such as 200 ohm, 3000 ohm, 4000 ohm can be made upon request.
11. Can also make specific customer tailored housing cable Silicon PTC Thermistor Temperature Probe Assembly upon request. Probe Assembly Housing for reference.
Philips NXP KTY84 KTY83 KTY81 Silicon Temperature Sensors Replacement Information.
1. For AMWEI AM-LPTC600, rated resistance @100C 1000 ohm, tolerance 3%, 5%, substitute to Philips NXP Silicon Temperature Sensors KTY84/130, KTY84/150, KTY84/151. Widely applied in the temperature sensing and controls in drives and motors, spindles, inverters and control systems, etc.
2. For AMWEI AM-LPTC1000, rated resistance @25C 1000 ohm, tolerance 1%, 2%, 3%, 5%, alternative to Philips NXP Silicon Temperature Sensors KTY81-1, KTY83-1 series, type no.KTY81-110, KTY81-120, KTY81-121, KTY81-122,KTY81-150, KTY81-151, KTY81-152, KTY83-110, KTY83-120, KTY83-121, KTY83-122, KTY83-150, KTY83-151, KTY83-152. This part silicon temperature sensor is widely used in wiring harnesses built in transmission units, vehicles, etc.
3. For AMWEI AM-LPTC2000, rated resistance @25C 2000 ohm, tolerance 1%, 2%, 3%, 5%, Philips NXP Silicon Temperature Sensors KTY81-2 KTY83-2 series cross, type no.KTY81-210, KTY81-220, KTY81-221, KTY81-222,KTY81-250, KTY81-251, KTY81-252. Widely applied in the temperature sensing and control of instrument, equipment, compressor, process control, etc.
Linear Silicon PTC Thermistors Temperature Sensors Probe Application:
¡¤Motion control temperature sensor, temperature sensing and controls in drives and motors, spindles, inverters and control systems, etc.
¡¤ Industrial automation control equipment.
¡¤ Home appliance temperature detection and compensation.
¡¤ Precision circuit and crystal oscillator temperature compensation.
¡¤ Temperature compensation of silicon semiconducting devices.
¡¤ Temperature compensation of instrumentation amplifier.
¡¤ A/D converter temperature compensation.
¡¤ Micro motor timing control.
¡¤ Automobile temperature detection and control.
¡¤ Medical equipment temperature detection and control.
¡¤ Linear PTC thermistor applications also include transmission, engine oil and coolant, heating system, overheating
protection, amplifiers, power supplies, transducers, telemetry, computers, magnetic amplifiers, thermometry, meteorology,
temperature regulation and over-temperature protection.
AMWEI Linear Silicon PTC Thermistors Temperature Sensors
Resistance vs. Temperature Data
|| 490 ohm
|| 980 ohm
Typical Linear Silicon PTC Thermistor Temperature Sensor Application Circuit
Temperature measuring circuit using linear silicon PTC thermistor sensor 1000 ohm part
Temperature compensation circuit using linear silicon PTC thermistor 2000 ohm part
Linear Silicon PTC Thermistors Temperature Sensors Application Precaution
Minimum lead wire length tailored to shall be ¡Ý8mm.
In lead wire bending, bending point shall be more than 2mm away from glass body part.
Linear Silicon PTC Thermistors Temperature Sensors is sensitive to ElectroStatic Discharge (ESD). Therefore care should be taken during transport and handling.
Read more: ‘PTC Thermistors for Motor Transformer Overload and Short Circuit Protection’ »